‘A Week in the Life of a Yogi’
Next One Starting January 2013
These weeks were born out of students asking how to bring some of the beauty of the Yoga Classes into day to day living. The classes provided an opportunity for the student to touch something deeper within themselves and they wanted to expand this into more areas of their lives. The idea was born to ‘live a different rhythm’ for a week. Just small changes in daily routine to give a break from familiar patterns and responses. Swami Satchidananda made references to this approach stating that if you wanted to go in a good direction, start doing things to support that and reduce the things that get in the way.
How does the week work ?
- The week invites you to decide how much time and thought to dedicate to a daily meditation, deep relaxation, good hydration, small changes to the diet, and maybe a yoga class or two that go to make up the ‘foundation practices.’
- On top of this I send a daily e-mail, with a certain practice or thought to incorporate into normal daily tasks. It could be something mindfulness based, an attitude towards relationships, managing energy levels, investigation into perception or keeping a balanced mind in life’s changes. (We are working from two angles. One to do things to build more energy and rest, and two to reduce the things that cause stress and anxiety)
- There will be some audio files to support these weekends. I’m making downloadable mp3′s that you will receive along with a download code.
- There will be an optional half day workshop after the week which will support and re-clarify what we did, a chance to share experiences, a time to ask questions and enjoy yoga together.
How much do they cost?
- The basic week will cost £20 (this will include mp3 support material)
- Optional 10-4pm workshop after the event if you would like to attend £10
How Do I Join?
I will post a ‘buy here’ button when we are ready to run the next one and let you know through the monthly mail list.
Shopping BasketYour basket is empty
- No events.
receive my monthly mailOnce a month I send a mail with coming events, articles, new products and news. Phone number is for changes to retreats or events.